I can't get the right-click button on my touchpad no matter what I do. I have used ElementaryOS before and have had to go to the touchpad prefs and selected "Hardware Default". This used to work - not anymore. No matter what I try the right click acts like the left click. I can't get a context menu to come up at all anymore. Now everything is a left click... this is driving me nuts. I don't like using the "Press and Hold" feature for the secondary mouse button - I have a perfectly good and working right-click button. The prefs app has been changed and now there is no more right-click.
UPDATE: So, I've done some more testing. Here is what happened:
- I did a clean install of ElementaryOS.
- I ran all the updates.
- I changed the touchpad press to "Hardware"... nothing happened. It seems like none of the settings on that drop-down menu do anything.
- Clean install again.
- When to touchpad prefs, changed to "hardware"
- Tested and it worked as expected.
- Ran updates.
- Tested again... still worked. I am afraid to mess with the prefs again. But it seems that this part of the prefs isn't working correctly.