fish is a user friendly commandline shell intended mostly for interactive use.
The friendly interactive shell (fish) is a Unix shell that attempts to be more interactive and user-friendly than former shells. The design goal of fish is to give the user a rich set of powerful features in a way that is easy to discover, remember, and use.
This tag should be used for questions related to fish shell and elementaryOS. fish shell bugs shoud be reported on launchpad
- Advanced tab completion.
- Syntax highlighting with extensive error checking.
- Support for the X clipboard.
- Smart terminal handling based on terminfo.
- Searchable command history.
Version 2 adds:
- 256 terminal colors
- Web-based configuration
- Improved performance (by having more builtins).