How can I monitor which application are using most resources such as RAM and CPU? How do I disable them?
Option 1: Install GNOME System Monitor with the Software Center
- Open up the Software Center from the Applications menu
- Search for GNOME System Monitor
- Select GNOME System Monitor from the results and click install.
- You can now launch the GNOME System Monitor. It will look something like this:
Option 2: Install the GNOME System Monitor in the Terminal
- Open the Terminal with Ctrl + T
Run this command:
sudo apt install gnome-system-monitor
Follow the onscreen instructions.
Maybe this link will help you.
The terminal is capable of showing you running processes via the
All you need to do is open a terminal, whether on your desktop or, if things have frozen by pressing CTRL+ALT+F1 - F12, logging in and entering the