Had a while ago moved from Xubuntu 16.04 to elementary OS.
On Xubuntu, I had a separate '/home' partition, with a lot of stuff. When I clean installed elementary OS, it didn't erase the '/home' partition, as I was expecting.
Rather, it has created a new '/home' folder on the root partition itself.
- Is there any way to merge and move it from root, to that separate home partition from xubuntu?
- Otherwise would not mind if the Xubuntu home needs to be erased to create a new one separate from root. But merging would be neat, though not necessary.
Some notes -
- elementary OS root alloted 20gb. So it shares with its own '/home' folder.
- '/home' partition from Xubuntu has 20gb of its own.
- Had installed eOS by selecting the automatic, "Wipe Xubuntu for a clean elementary OS install" rather than the manual disk partition setup.
- Already has a backup of '/home' of Xubuntu.
- Has installed GNOME Disk Utitlity.