I tried to switch from Windows to Linux (elementary OS) but everytime I ended in a black screen.
The following steps i tried:
- Set "Nomodeset" before the installation starts (+ replaced "quiet spash" with "nomodeset"), but after that I ended in a black screen. I have to boot in the recovery mode to see something.
- In recovery mode i tried to install the drivers that are offered from elementary OS = black screen
- I tried to install the official nvidia drivers from their download site = black screen
- I tried the following (Installing NVidia Drivers - Blank Screen) = black screen
- Ubuntu forum: https://askubuntu.com/questions/561295/how-to-use-nvidia-gtx-970-gpu = black screen
- https://elementaryforums.com/index.php?threads/howto-install-latest-nvidia-driver-on-linux-without-getting-black-screen.7/ = black screen
Everytime I used a clean installation of freya.
- Asus x99 Deluxe Motherboard
- 16Gb Crucial DDR4 RAM
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX970
- Samsung 512GB SSD 850 Pro
- Intel i7 5820k
- 4x FullHD Monitors
Any ideas? Sorry for my bad english.