I've got an azerty keyboard.
Since I installed Freya, the keyboard in the greeter is in qwerty, and no way to change it. This is really annoying.
It seems that this bug has been encountered since the beginning of Freya, and hasn't be solved. I found several forum threads talking about :
- [fr] http://forum.elementaryos-fr.org/topic/720-clavier-azerty-au-moment-du-login/
- [fr] https://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=670561
- I can't login into freya
- Language changes when I am tying to enter password to login in system
And none of them gave me a succuessful answer.
My colleague installed Freya some time after me, and he have the same problem.
Things I've done : - put the whole system in french using system settings
Things I've tried, without any success :
- checked /etc/default/keyboard
- added a section in Xorg conf
- installed lightdm-gtk-greeter (keyboard still in qwerty).
[new] Installing ubuntu-greeter, I got an azerty login (see my comment on the answer below). So the problem resides in the difference between ubuntu-greeter and pantheon-greeter/lightdm-gtk-greeter.
my /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf :
Section "InputClass" Identifier "evdev keyboard catchall" MatchIsKeyboard "on" MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*" Driver "evdev" # set keyboard to french Option "XkbModel" "pc105" Option "XkbLayout" "fr" Option "XkbVariant" "oss" EndSection
(And probably many others I don't remember. But just ask me to try something, and I'll try if you think it can change something)
"Change your password", "use auto-login", or any other such answer will be disregarded; I'm really looking for understanding what's going on, and getting the correct configuration.
At the contrary, any question will be answered, and any :
- reference to some relevant forum/bug
- suggestion for solving this problem,
- indication of which log files can be relevant,
- indication of which source files can be relevant (I can fix and recompile a package if necessary)
, will be welcome.