I recently installed elementary OS 0.3.2 64-bit and am experiencing a weird keyboard behavior when typing.
After a few seconds when everything is OK, the following happens:
Characters are not displayed immediately, I need to type the next character before the one before appears.
It is not a lag - it simple waits for next keyboard event. Restarting usually helps but only for a short time, then the problem will re-appear. I made a few experiments end research and found:
- it is not a hardware problem (I tested more keyboards)
- it affects all users
- many programs are not affected, be example Chrome, xterm, Atom editor etc.
- it seems that most of affected programs are Elementary defaults by example scratch editor, terminal, etc. But also Guake terminal is affected.
- Live version booted from USB is not affected at all.
- Slow keys, bounce keys and similar functions of Universal access are Off.
Does anybody have some idea?