I've switched from Windows to Elementary OS, and the only part of my day-to-day life that is impacted by the switch is managing my music library. I like to have my library in .aac format, but I'm having trouble finding a way to convert my new music to .aac. I've tried the following applications
- Clementine -- The conversion works, but the files come out as .mp4 "videos" rather than true .aac
- VLC -- converting to .aac makes .ts files (it's possible I'm using this incorrectly - I don't understand encapsulation)
- Rhythmbox -- this doesn't seem to do conversions
- ffmpeg -- I tried a few times, but the output file is unusable
- gnac -- couldn't get this to install (no Release file)
- soundconverter -- this was the most promising originally, however the version in the repository didn't include .aac. I installed another version from a tarball which did include .aac, but the conversion hung before it even started.
Does anyone have suggestions?