I am using an Lenovo Legion 5 with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800H and a NVIDIA 3060. When I suspend my laptop, either through systemctl, the wingpanel button, closing the laptop or pressing the powerbutton, it suspends. When I then resume the laptop, it has no backlight. When I connect an external monitor that runs just fine, it's just the laptop screen.
So I've tried a bunch of things and I am running out things to try:
- Switched in BIOS to discrete mode for gpu.
- Reinstalled drivers, I tried 460, 470 and 460-server (Black screen after wake up from suspend mode).
- I tried changing kernels, by default it was 5.12 and I also tried 5.14 when I read that 5.12 sometimes has issues.
- Tried various values for GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub.
- Tried messing with nvidia services for 470 (https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/fixed-suspend-resume-issues-with-the-driver-version-470/187150)
- Tried a GDM3 as a display manager.
None of these solved the issue. I really don't know what to do anymore, any and all help would be much appreciated.