While installing Elementary 6 in VirtualBox (host is Ubuntu 20.04), inadvertently I made a typing mistake in my name as user - ANUPAM became AMUPAM. How to rectify the spelling?
If the name of the user account is wrong, the best way to change it is to create a new user account, grant it admin privileges, and log in with the new account.
- Open "Settings"
- Find "User Accounts" (near the bottom) and open:
- Click the little "+" in the lower-left corner to create a new account
- Set the details, ensuring that your account is set as "Administrator" (so that you can perform updates and run commands with
- Press "Create User"
- Sign out of your current account
- Sign into your new account
- Configure the new account as you would like
- (Optional) Delete the old account