I have a Dell Inspiron 1370 2in1 w Pentium 1Tb SSD and 4GB RAM running elementary OS 5.1 for the last 2 years.
- Downloaded elementary OS 6, did checksum. Passed
- Reformatted a fresh 8Gb USB flash Drive and verified OK.
- Checked the internal SSD in the Dell Inspiron (currently had elementary 5.1). OK.
- Created installer USB with Etcher, verified OK
- Ran as Demo worked OK
- Ran installation. Reformat SSD failed:
Details commit logical partitions: unable to create volume group 'data_mepHe' on "dev/mapper/data_mepHe": vgcreate failed with status: 5 (input/output error (os error 5)
Tried reboot twice. Same result. Removed USB and rebooted. Can't find internal drive.
What do I try next?