I am thinking to switch from OSX to Elementary but I'll do the installation on my workstation I would like to lose as less time as possible.
I am on an hackintosh and I know I could create a VM and try the installation there and when I am ready switch to a full installation but as far as I understand I'll lose all the customizations I've done in my VM and need to start fresh.
I have an SSD that I am not using and I would like to install in there the new Elementary OS, the base idea is to save as much time as possible. This would be the best scenario:
- Install Elementary OS on the free SSD while running my main OS
- Configure Elementary OS (still) while running my main OS, install apps etc
- Once ready shut down the computer
- Unplug the SSD where is OSX
- Run Elementary OS, hopefully for good :D
Does any of you knows a way to do this or ever tried something like it? I would like to install and configure Elementary with as mush downtime as possible and I started to think about this approach but I am not sure if it is possible.
Probably the live installation is the option to go?
Thank you all for the future answers.