I am currently in the middle of a move and as part of that move I removed all devices from my laptop. Previously connected devices were a monitor over HDMI, the charging cable, as well as a USB hub that was connected to a Keyboard, Mouse, External Hard drive, and a USB powered lamp. While the device was shut down I disconnected all components and packed them away. The next time I started Elementary, several functions were not working anymore:
- The Trackpad doesn't react. The USB mouse works.
- The HDMI monitor doesn't work anymore when I connected one the next time.
- There is absolutely no internet connection. Neither WIFI nor ethernet work. The options in the connectivity part of the settings only shows VPN and Proxy.
Notably, everything works perfectly as before on the dualbooted Windows 10.
Some changes I made in the days leading up to the move:
- Installed Wireguard (might impact internet functionality, but I uninstalled it already, with no change
- Installed several versions of DisplayLink drivers (might impact HDMI, but that's weeks ago, with no problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I have some uncommitted changes on the drive, so I hope we can find a solution that doesn't involve reinstalling the OS.