How do i set a static IP address? unable to find documentation on using the gui or terminal. It would probably be easier if i knew what fork of Linux this was developed from.
Elementary was originally based on Ubuntu, which was originally based on Debian.
You can set a static IP via the Network settings GUI.
- Click Applications menu.
- Click System Settings from the menu.
- Click Network from the settings app.
- Select your network connection in left-hand sidebar.
- Click Advanced Settings in the lower-right corner.
- Click the IPv4 settings tab.
- Select Manual as the configuration method.
- Set your IP.
- Repeat on the IPv6 tab if needed.
- Click Save.