I've been trying to install elementary OS 5.1 for the past couple of hours with no luck. The installer keeps failing 2/3rds of the way with the following error message:
The installer encountered an error copying files to the hard disk:
[Errno 5] Input/output error
I'm trying to install elementary OS from a USB stick onto a fresh hard disk (bought the SSD today).
- Intel i5
- 8GB ram
- GTX 650 TI
- the fresh 120GB SSD (previously working components). ISO filename:
What have I tried to do:
- I've tried to burn the latest ISO using both Etcher and Rufus, but with no luck. I've tried both ISO and DD versions in Rufus - no difference.
- I've checked the hash, which matches up with the hash on the installation guide page.
- I've tried to set up custom partitions when running the installer - tried both ext4 and ext3 partition settings.
- I've tried to select the "Try elementary OS" option, and then running the
installer from terminal with
I am honestly at a loss of what to try at this point...
Please help :)
thanks in advance.