My two WiFi printers show up but are listed as "Disabled". I cannot find any way to enable them. Any suggestions? They work perfectly on my Linux Mint laptop.
I had the same issue with my WiFi Epson XP332. This is a wrong configured and delivered CUPS-problem. I solved it by changing the cups authorization in
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf. I changed the most the settings to "order allow,deny".
Then you sholud be able to activate the printer in the settings menu or with
usr/sbin/cupsenable PRINTERNAME. Maybe possible that you must reload the CUPS-daemon.
I think is a very huge bug. eOS is told to be user-friendly, so the printing must work out of the box. You cannot annoy new users with such a bitchy printer behaviour.
I have this same issue with an HP ENVY 5000 series. It did start working temporarily and I managed to delete the printers marked disabled, but as soon as I ran system-config-printer to rename the Printer description, the disabled one returned. Incidentally you can add the printer using the CUPS web administration http://localhost:631/admin
Oddly I have 2 machines displaying this and they both appeared correctly after installing Thunderbird and Wordpress client, but both have since returned with a Printer listed as disabled. For me it is now just a cosmetic thing in the printer settings