I've been running Kubuntu Linux for some time(years). I check www.DistroWatch.com occasionally to see if any super new distro's are released. I see that Elementary OS Linux version 5 was recently released and it is now ranked #3 on DistroWatch site. I decided then to buy Elementary OS 5 and installed it to VirtualBox VM. Everything looks super great but I have a couple of questions below:
(1) What is the life expectancy of current Elementary OS 5 ?
(it's based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, so would 2 years be a safe time?)
(2) I need an indicator in (wing)panel that shows:
- CPU use % graph
- RAM use % graph
- Network use graph
- BONUS: CPU temperature display
SOLVED: How can I show performance graphs in Wingpanel?
(ISSUE: Adding PPA not supported for security reasons?)
(3) What is the story behind not allowing folders and/or files on the desktop?
(find it a little strange and awkward to be honest - some option to allow?)
(4) If something is made for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is it going to work with Elementary OS?
Those are my initial questions just based on 1 hour of use in a VM. If someone can answer the above 4 questions then I would probably install it...