- Macbook Pro: Early 2011 running High Sierra 10.13.6
- Trying to install: elementary OS
- Created bootable USB using Etcher
- I've tried going into recovery mode and disabling SIP from the command line. This didn't help.
I partitioned the boot drive on the MBP. (750GB drive) Giving macOS 550GB and elementary OS 200GB. Once I've created the bootable USB drive, I reboot my computer, hold "option" button. I see the boot screen asking me to choose HD or "EFI USB drive". I click on the EFI icon.
I'm then presented with a bios looking menu of options and I click on "Run elementary without installing it". It then takes me to a screen with three rows of text
- 2.699652] Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000e
- 2.699731]MODSIGN:Couldn't get UEFI db list
- 2.716803] Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000e
The same behavior happened on my 2009 27' iMac. I feel like I'm missing something. On a Windows machine I could tell the computer to only boot from USB, in the bios, but I don't know how to tell a Mac to do this. (Or if I even need to)
I've made sure the USB drive was formatted properly (Fat32 GUID) I've tried using a different USB drive. Same issue. I tried and failed to install Fedora 28 Workstation too.
Anyone have suggestions on how I can get High Sierra to recognize the USB drive?