After updating nVidia:
- Instead of graphic splash screen with elementary logo, system boots in a verbose text mood
- At the end, when XWindows starts, the screen just flickers
- I cannot even open a non graphic terminal; it says that Ctrl+Alt+F1 shows a login prompt, but soon after, the screen flickers again
I could not post a picture. It wouldn't have been helpful, anyway. It just flickers between blank and tiny parallel vertical lines, indicative of wrong scan speed or driver for the graphic card.
My system is an old laptop.
- Dell XPS M1330
- Intel core2 duo 1.66GHz
- 1024 MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- NB8M-GS nVidia graphic controller
- Screen 1280 x 800 13"
- HDMI sound
How do I get graphic boot and login back?
How do I login to a terminal at the mean time?
How do I modify the run level to stop x11 from lunching allowing me to troubleshoot? Is there any other suggestion?