People, need help. I'm in the middle of a hectic work day and the system fonts just went haywire (try to read the browser's tab names)
There was no system update. I was using the browser and something like a white-flash happened. And, then I noticed nothing outside an application was readable. But everything rendered within an app was - like - text within Sublime Text, Chrome was all readable.
Things tried -
fc-cache -f -v , followed by system reboot.
2. Followed through all the steps here hoping it was a font selection issue - fix default fonts
I figure it probably was a font malfunction which I didn't have time to debug, so I switched to Ubuntu. Leaving the question here for future users.