Hello Elementary OS support community,
First, I'm a lifetime Linux user - so I'm very familiar with the intricacies of installing and working with Linux. Second, I can't seem to install 0.4.1 on my computer that has an nVidia 1060 6GB video card in it, as it get's stuck while it's trying to boot with 2 errors, as you can see here: boot errors
If I added "modprobe.blacklist=nouveau" to the kernel boot parameters, it get's rid of the second error, but I get no further because the first is still there.
My system configuration is as follows: - Asus A88x-Pro Motherboard - AMD A10-7850K Processor - nVidia 1060 6GB video card - 8GB RAM - Samsung EVO 250GB SSD
Any and all pointers would be appreicated. And if anyone needs further information about my setup, please let me know.
Thanks guys! -Ben
UPDATE: I was able to eventually figure this out, although it was a bit more manual labor than I had hoped. For anyone else that wants to try this, here you go:
- Goto your BIOS and make sure you use the internal GFX rather than external graphics card.
- Make sure you're physically connected to the internal graphics card via HDMI or whatever is appropriate.
- Boot from USB, and hit "e" to edit the boot options when the boot from USB first starts.
- Before the "--" at the end of the boot options line, add the following: "nomodeset rdblacklist=nouveau"
- Install normally, and then reboot.
- Install updates from App Center, and then choose to install the appropriate nVidia drivers from the Updates tab.
- Reboot back to the BIOS, re-enable external graphics cards, then shut down.
- Reconnect your monitor(s) as you wish.
- Power up the PC and proceed to enjoy Elementary OS in all it's glory.
- (optional) Develop some awesome apps for Elementary OS and submit them to the App Center!