So I recently bought a laptop :
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
It came without any installed operating system and I would like to run both Win10 and Elementary OS.
What I have :
- Win10 installed on a 125Go partition (SSD)
- Bootable USB with latest Elementary OS release
What I want :
- Elementary OS on the spare SSD's 125Go
- A mean to choose which system to boot
Experienced problem :
When booting on the live Elementary USB I either get :
- a completely black screen ;
- a blinking 'e' splash screen ;
- an underscore char and a black screen.
What I already tried :
- Using rufus software and messing around with its settings to create the bootable USB
- Editing the start command replacing 'quiet splash' with 'nomodeset'
I can't even get to run the live version... Elementary's logo keeps blinking over and over without going further... Doesn't my hardware have support for Elementary OS ? What am I missing ?
I managed to install Elementary OS alongside Windows 10 by plugging-in an external display. However, my initial monitor (the laptop's one) still isn't recognized by eOS.
I tried installing Nvidia additional drivers as in https://elementaryforums.com/index.php?threads/howto-install-nvidia-amd-driver-in-elementaryos-the-official-way.206/
Still no luck...
Any help on how to properly detect my laptop display would be greatly appreciated.
The laptop's monitor is working at splash screen ('e' logo showing) but nothing else happens unless I plug an external HDMI display.