How can I synchronize over the air my Android smartphone and laptop? I'm interested in file sharing, notifications from phone, if it possible.
KDE Connect is a project that aims to communicate all your devices. For example, with KDE Connect you can receive your phone notifications on your computer, or just use your phone as a remote control for your desktop. To achieve this, KDE Connect implements a secure communication protocol over the network, and allows any developer to create plugins on top of it. Currently there are KDE Connect clients on KDE, Android and Blackberry, and soon we will support iPhone as well.
- display notifications from your Android device on your desktop (requires Android 4.3+);
- send files from your Android device to your desktop and the other way around "without wires";
- touchpad emulation: use your phone screen as your computer's touchpad (keyboard emulation is also available);
- shared clipboard between your phone and computer;
- display your phone's battery status on the desktop;
- multimedia remote control: use your Android device to control various Linux media players;
- RSA Encryption.
Install (carefully, a lot dependencies of KDE):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vikoadi/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install indicator-kdeconnect kdeconnect --no-install-recommends
After run KDE Connect Indicator from laucnher and follow the instructions.
You also use Pushbullet to a good sync of all your Android gadgets and Linux desktop.
You can find more information about it at
In elementary OS, you must install Pushbullet-indicator with the following commands :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/atareao sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install pushbullet-indicator
Before run it, you must install Pushbullet app for Android and sign in with your Google account: